(In no particular order)
- “I am [fill in the blank]”, is powerful and self-fulfilling.
- No matter what, no matter how hard it gets, don’t hold a grudge (it’s an anchor that stagnates you).
- Don’t give up. “Defeat is only a state of mind — interruptions to conquer and leave behind.” (from a poem I wrote a couple of decades ago)
- People don’t realize that it takes a lot of courage to be an artist of any kind. When an artist, writer, performer presents his work publicly, his entire creation is open to scrutiny especially by those who don’t dare make themselves so vulnerable.
- I learned this one long ago but thought it was worth adding to this list, as 2014 is a mid-term election year. It is FRUITLESS to argue about politics or religion because neither party is interested enlightenment. The only real interest is in proving (through faulty logic) the opposing point of view is wrong.
- The beautiful lotus flower takes root in murky swamp water; in the filthiest of environments, it reflects beauty. Researchers report that the lotus has the remarkable ability to regulate the temperature of its flowers to within a narrow range just as humans and other warmblooded animals do. So, when you feel like you’re wading knee-deep in crap, remind yourself that even a flower can overcome it’s environment.
- Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.
- Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself.
- I’m just not into a man who turns everything into a sexual innuendo. I’m not into a man who, from the outset, emphasizes his sexual desire for me. AND, because I’m totally turned off by his approach, I’m unlikely to satisfy any of those desires with said man. I’m looking for something much deeper than that.
- In all of my ups and downs, I’ve been blessed with people who would get down in the trenches with me.
- If you want to know the truth, pay attention to the actions not the words.
- When you touch a life (whether positively or negatively), you touch everyone around her and everyone who descends from her.
- If it makes you happy, do it; if it doesn’t, don’t.